Wednesday 21 March 2012

Evaluation Five

Documentary Response to Evaluation Five

 






Presenational Response










Evalution Five : Text Format


How did you attract/address your audience?

Front Cover:

The front cover is very important as it will be the first impressions of the magazine on the reader. To ensure I attract my target audience I made my magazine a double edition where they can choose which front cover they want. This gives them freedom and makes them feel less pressurised into buying the one type of magazine. Both the models of my magazine are relatively attractive and both use direct eye contact with the reader, this creates intimacy and a relationship, creating an urge to buy the magazine. As my target audience are people who are on a relatively low income, being students, I decided to put lots of free and exclusive sell lines into my front cover, this means that the reader will feel they are getting their moneys worth and it is not being wasted on their favourite magazine. Other sell lines will also attract the audience for the gratifications of personal identity and information, I included sell liens that feature learning how to DJ, and different reviews from artists to give the reader an insight of professional views and how to make it big themselves. This aspiration value would attract the reader.

Contents Page:

Again in my contents page I highlight the fact that my magazine is a limited double edition, this is to reinforce its exclusive and unique values, which appeals to the audience as they are attracted to more unique styles and differentiations from stereotypical materials. The layout I used it very simple, it consists of columns and headers which are easy to identify and groups the different articles together. This appeals to my reader as they will be able to navigate through easily and increases their gratification for relaxation. I also included many different images to create a artistic collage layout. This attracts my target audience as they are very creative and are interested in photography. The fact that all the images correspond and all link and have the same sort of tones is even more appealing to the eye. This also links with the gratification of personal identity as hopefully at least one of the images would resemble my target audience/reader which would make them feel more involved in my magazine. My contents is also attractive due to the information given within the article names, it gives the audience a sense of knowledge and allows them to choose whether they like the article or not.

Double Page Spread 1:

In the first double page spread, I started off with a very large picture of my two models as in introduction of the exclusive interviews. This appeals to my audience as the image would resemble images you would find on tumblr (a photo blogging website) which they are interested in. Also the models create a relationship with the reader as again are using direct eye contact and creates a sense of mystery, persuading the audience to read the article. Also the costumes the models are wearing would attract the audience through personal identity as it reinforces the readers own behaviour and fashion, this makes them recognisable and comfortable. I also included a website in the top right corner to appeal to the audience. This is because my target audience are very familiar with the internet and would be attracted to internet selling techniques, as the website would offer more exclusives and information. The choise of pull line would attract the reader as it talks about the deep underground sounds; this suggests the article will be talking about the underground dub step which automatically attracts the audience as my music magazine is aimed at people who love dubstep and drum and bass, increasing their aesthetic enjoyment. The actual article itself is a short introduction of the two artists and their collaboration; it is more from an editorial angle and is informative for the reader. It highlights their successes and their hard work which creates motivation for my target audience members who are also aspiring to make it big into the industry. Lastly another attraction to the double page spread would be the title of the introduction’ mixing it up’ this is because it is a pun, it has a play on the words which are commonly used in producing and djing, but instead I used it in terms of artistic collaboration.

Double Page Spread 2:

In the female double page spread I decided to make it a fun article. This is to fulfil the gratification of personal enjoyment and relaxation. The pull quotes that I used in this article would all draw attention from the reader this is because they all have highlighted words which would appeal to the reader such as; give a damn, fasted growing, dubstep and drum and bass. These words are all linked to the music genre and links to personal identity. One of the sell lines also shows the artists feistiness as she speaks her mind this is also appealing as my target audience are very outspoken and like a bit of flair. I again used lots of images on the top of the article; this is attractive as it shows the variety and different angles of my artist, again appealing through the photographic layout. One of small but main attractions on the double page spreads is the internet feed. I included a section where the reader could find out more online or even contact the artists themselves, this is important as many readers would want to know more about the artists of see how the progress as an artists so having an online feed would appeal to them. There are three varieties (facebook, twitter, soundcloud) of how they can follow the artists which gives them options as well.

Double Page Spread 3:

For the last article I wanted to make the audience feel they are getting a personal and initiate story from it, the article itself is written by the artist. I used an image that filed up one half of the page which meant the artists looked exposed to the reader and suggests that nothing is hidden in the article. This in the gratification uses means they are getting information and a sense of personal identity. As they find out a lot about CAMO and his life’s struggles. This would be relative to the reader which is appealing as they would be able to understand and aspire to fight through.  There are also speech marks at the start and end of the article to emphasises that the article was written/ spoken by the artists himself and was not written by someone else or edited. All other parts of the article follow the layout from the female double page spread.

Overall:

Throughout all my magazine I used a corresponding colour scheme which is appealing as it shows my reader that as a magazine we are in sync and relative to each other and have the same genre. The colour scheme also shows the professionalism and the tight industry dubstep and drum and bass are.  Also throughout I use lots of different angled and shots for my images to show its differences and varieties. It appeals to the reader as it shows the different stereotypes that can be shown. The bold and stylised font is also appealing as it connotes strength and branding which is important. Other techniques included to ensure sales would be attracting my target audience with free gifts, downloads and exclusive information. This appeals to my target audience are conscious about money and not earning very high income means they are not very likely to pay high prices for a magazine. With free samples and downloads I am able to attract the target audience as to being worth the money and persuading them that they need to have the magazine to hear the exclusive stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment